[Yum] Support validiting ssl server cert for https accessible yum repositories?

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 20 20:05:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 06:35:59PM +0000, Ben Grommes wrote:
> As far as I can tell there is no support in yum for validating the server cert
> used by an https accessible yum repository.  Can someone confirm that this is
> indeed the case?
>
> Specifically, I was looking for the ability to specify a trusted ca cert to
> check the issuer of the ssl server cert against as part of establishing the
> https connection.

James Bowes recently added M2Crypto support to urlgrabber.  It's in
the most recent version, 3.1.0.  However, it requires that M2Crypto be
available.  Also, support doesn't currently exist at the yum level,
but I'm betting if you ask nicely, that could be made to happen.

It's possible that patches and/or plugins already exist to do it, but
I don't know about that.
					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G