[Yum] spanning multiple cd set repo?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Mon Nov 20 08:15:56 UTC 2006

Hello folks,

Apologies if this has been asked already.

From the createrepo man re "--split" and briefly following a thread way over my
head here:
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-metadata/2005-November/000563.html

If I create a repo entry in my yum.conf for a removable media repo (e.g. fedora
install CDs) and that repo spans a set of many CDs - and I install from that
repo, will yum ask for the correct cd for the package and for any packages to
satisfy dependencies from other CDs in the spanned CD set repo?

My install media is dvd so the issue doesn't arise, but someone on my local list
asked a question recently that raised the issue.  What's the recommended course
of action?  The fellow list member was creating a local repo on HD of RPMs from
his install CDs because of the spanned media, which all seemed a bit back to
front to me.

Any feed back much appreciated.

Regards,
M.
--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does differ
from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220