[Yum] Usern at me with '@' in proxy authentication

Narendra Kadoo naren5050 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 11:49:58 UTC 2006

Hello,

In our orgnaization, the proxy username is our full email address. Hence, if I
try to use the following format:

http://username:password@proxy.server:port

there will be two '@' (one addional from the username/email address) as
follows:

http://me@foo.com:password@proxy.server:port

How can I configure Yum to get through?? I am using FC6. I have been trying
since last six months, without success. Using escape characters dont work.
Mentioning proxy /authentication in yum.conf as mentioned in Fedora Yum FAQ
gives 'non-numeric proxy port' error. Exporting the http_proxy and ftp_proxy
from bashrc doesnt work, neither that from /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh file.
Yumex, Kyum dont work.

Is there any way out?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre