[Yum] Http errors connection to repository

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 16 09:21:31 UTC 2006

Stephens, Bill {PBSG} wrote:
> I can turn off the http_proxy environment variable, but is there a way
> to make the proxy= statement a repository by repository configuration or
> is it global?
Yes, proxy=http://proxy-server:3128/ lines can be added to each repo
file for each repo; and from memory, the individual proxy setting
overrides the yum.con setting.

I can confirm that in fc6 yum {yum-3.0-6 fc6} does not seem to be able
to use the proxy as defined in {at least} the global .conf. I am yet to
work out at what version this stopped working, but mid-late fc5 had a
patch that fixed it. {and I didn't need any environment variable setting
  for it to work}.

DavidT.