[Yum] skipping reposetup, pkgsack exists...

Pablo Mejia pjm at cctechnol.com
Tue Nov 14 20:19:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a local repository at work.  Until recently everything has been
working fine.  However, yum doesn't like *some* of my RPMS anymore.
Note that rpm will install the RPMS without a problem.

This is using Fedora Core 6.  The repository is stored on an NFS share
accessed locally via file:///  The error output (continued forever) is
below.  I only have this problem with a few RPMS.

I'd appreciate any help as I don't know python...  I'm willing to do any
desired tests.  I can provide a copy of the RPM and/or the repodata.
Thanks in advance, Pablo

sudo yum -d 10 install omniORB-doc
Running "config" handler for "installonlyn" plugin
Yum Version: 3.0
COMMAND: yum -d 10
Installroot: /
Ext Commands:

   omniORB-doc
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Setting up Package Sacks
Reading Local RPMDB
Parsing package install arguments
No other omniORB-doc installed, adding to list for potential install
reduced installs :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/logging/__init__.py", line 731, in emit
    msg = self.format(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/logging/__init__.py", line 617, in format
    return fmt.format(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/logging/__init__.py", line 405, in format
    record.message = record.getMessage()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/logging/__init__.py", line 276, in getMessage
    msg = msg % self.args
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string
skipping reposetup, pkgsack exists
skipping reposetup, pkgsack exists
Building updates object