[Yum] RFC: Linking of Repositories

Dominique Leuenberger Dominique.Leuenberger at TMF-Group.com
Mon Nov 13 14:58:38 UTC 2006

>>> Reply on 13-11-2006 16:56:36 <<<> Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> >  > > > The issue for this mail is caused by the Packages of the
game
> > > UFO:AI,
> [snip]
> big
> > > and
> Perhaps I miss the point here, but I don't see why you can't just
> create
> separate repositories?
> Say you have x86 and x86_64. Then you would create 3 repositories :
> - one for binary x86
> - one for binary x86_64
> - one for game data (noarch)
>
> as part of the installation process, the installer (or RPM) should
add
> two of those three repositories to yum.repos.d

Is there somewhere also a chat channel we could discuss this out? I
think ML is not the perfect, suitable place. We could schedule a IRC
Meeting or something, what do you think about this?
Probably a chat log could be posted afterwards, for general interest.

As you might think, it was not the first Idea just to extend the Yum
Backend to reflect something alike, but it came on mind as one of the
last and most flexible things to be done.

Dominique