[Yum] RFC: Linking of Repositories

Dominique Leuenberger Dominique.Leuenberger at TMF-Group.com
Mon Nov 13 09:34:23 UTC 2006

>>> Reply on 13-11-2006 11:32:19 <<<> Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

> as part of the installation process, the installer (or RPM) should
add
> two of those three repositories to yum.repos.d
>
> Regards,
>
> Fajar

Fajar,

I think I missed the part about the installation in my last reply:
We're looking for a solution that does not only fit the need for this
sole case, but also for all future cases and in plus we're not only
maintaining Repos for openSUSE on our BuildCluster, but also MDK and FC.
And it might be VERY difficult to convince them to add a openSUSE Server
in their repository database. But the goal has to be to get the users a
good experiance working with the system. And if he wants to add a repo
which requires packages from another repository, this has to be doable,
don't you think so?

Dominique