[Yum] Re: Yum header problem

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 2 01:05:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 08:11:38AM -0700, Tim Clauson wrote:
> I have seen your information about yum header problems on the
> edulug.duke.edu site. I am having the same "header is not complete" problem
> on an FC5 machine on our internal network and I have not found any solution
> to this problem yet.
> Do you know if there is a fix for this yet?

I'm not sure what your problem is, actually.

> I know nothing of byterange corrections nor would it be possible to
> fetch the byterange from each file to be downloaded.

Yum MUST do http byteranges to work (it slurps the headers out of the
complete .rpm files on the server) so if you can't do byteranges, you
don't really have many alternatives other than:

  * mirroring the whole repo locally
  * use ftp (which accomplishes byteranges differently)

If your corporate firewall doesn't allow byteranges, though, that's
pretty broken.

Finally, you should send such queries to the yum mailing list in the
future.  You'll get better help that way, I promise :)

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G