[Yum] Yum freezes cpu

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Thu May 25 06:02:46 UTC 2006

I tried doing
yum update -d 5 -e 1
and it prints out a slew of repositories that its checking, but hangs up
when updating metadata.  I don't see any error messages before this.  I get
to :
primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 442 kB    00:03
 then nothing else happens except the cpu usage skyrockets.

I think freshrpms is the only repo that I was using, so I tried
yum update --disablerepo=freshrpms

but It still got stuck on "updating metadata in local files', before showing
the status bar with primary.xml.gz

On a side note, I'm using the PlanetCCRMA distro, and apt-get update works
as usual.