[Yum] mime type for YUM repo files

Adrian Schröter adrian at suse.de
Tue May 16 10:57:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am in the urgent need to configure a mime type for *.repo files hosted by
our build service. Google told me that various other people suggested to have
one as well, but it seems not to be defined yet.

So, would application/x-yum-repo be fine with you ? Or any other one ?

I do need it to handle .repo files via the web browser in a valid way (an
external application should ask, if it should get imported / installed
into /etc/yum.repo.d/)

would be nice to hear some feedback from you.

Ah, btw, we do use YUM as standard for the repositories of our (still in
pre-alpha phase) build service:

Example URL:
http://repos.opensuse.org/opensuse/repositories/openSUSE/Fedora_Core_5/

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service

thanks
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
email: adrian at suse.de