[Yum] Re: Yum Digest, Vol 34, Issue 11

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Sat May 13 04:34:29 UTC 2006

Tron Thomas wrote:
>> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna
>> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
>> try.
>> Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna: [Errno 256] No more
>> mirrors to try.
>>
>> How can I fix this problem so I can update successfully?
>>

> Install this RPM to update your livna configs:
> http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/5/i386/repodata/repoview/livna-release-0-5-4.html
>
> Regards,
> -Konstantin

Well that's certainly changes things.  Now when I try to update I get
these errors:
Error: Missing Dependency: nvidia-glx is needed by package
kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4
Error: Missing Dependency: nvidia-glx = 1.0.8178 is needed by package
kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4
Error: Unable to satisfy dependencies
Error: Package kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4 needs nvidia-glx,
this is not available.
Error: Package mDNSResponder conflicts with avahi.
Error: Package kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4 needs nvidia-glx =
1.0.8178, this is not available.

The irony here was that one of the reasons I wanted to update was so I
could build the latest version of the driver for my nVidia video card.
In order to do this I need a newer kernel because the kernel that comes
with Fedora Core 5 apparently has a bug that prevent someone from
building the driver.
How can I fix these errors?