[Yum] error with python

Cristina Tanzi Tolenti cristina.tanzitolenti at provincia.cremona.it
Thu May 11 12:22:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I install yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.noarch.rpm and when I try yum check-update I
have this error:

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined symbol:
xmlSchemaIsValid

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.2 (#1, Feb 12 2006, 03:59:46)
[GCC 4.1.0 20060210 (Red Hat 4.1.0-0.24)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

Help me, please

Cristina Tanzi Tolenti