[Yum] metadata parser in C

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed May 10 13:33:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Russell Harrison wrote:

> On 5/10/06, Tambet Ingo <tambet at ximian.com> wrote:
>>

>> and python part re-opens it. I'm thinking about adding per-user sqlite
>> caches somewhere in users' home directories for that. Something like
>> ~/.yum/$reponame/$md_filename.xml.gz.sqlite.
>

> I'd love to see that.  It would be really nice if  users could do yum read
> only commands.

Yum library already supports per-user private cache (in /var/tmp), many
yum-utils use it in order to not require root access. Only yum itself
doesn't support it, it'd require classifying yum operations into what the
user can do and what requires root and relaxing the root checking
accordingly. By no means impossible of course :)

 	- Panu -