[Yum] Noob Question: yum behind a proxy - how?

Patrick C Miller patrick at pcmill.com
Tue Mar 28 19:17:08 UTC 2006

To add...

I have added the following proxy settings in my /etc/yum.conf file...

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800

# The proxy server - proxy server:port number
proxy=http://172.17.228.123:3128/
# The account details for yum connections

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

Thought this might help...
PM

"I'd rather be upside down in my kayak