[Yum] Proxy settings are ignored

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:11:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am using yum 2.6.0 on a Fedora Core 5 system. As you can see, my
proxy settings are there:

    [jwi at stujwi ~]$ set | grep proxy
    http_proxy=http://httpprox.software-ag.de:8080/
    https_proxy=http://sslprox.software-ag.de:443/

They also seem to be right:

    [jwi at stujwi ~]$ wget http://fedora.redhat.com/
    --10:56:55--  http://fedora.redhat.com/
               => `index.html'
    Resolving httpprox.software-ag.de... 10.20.40.6, 10.20.40.5
    ... (works fine)

But yum doesn't work:

    [jwi at stujwi ~]$ sudo yum update
    Password:
    Running "config" handler for "installonlyn" plugin
    Yum Version: 2.6.0
    COMMAND: yum
    Installroot: /
    Setting up Update Process
    Setting up repositories
    core                                                                 [1/3]
    Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
    Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

tcpdump shows, that the proxy is not being used, but an attempt to
contact the HTTP server directly is made.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.