[Yum] Delete older kernels?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:16:53 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:25:14PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > I imagine it's pretty trivial, but one question....
> > What happens if the new kernel doesn't boot/work?
> > Aren't you pretty well screwed at that point?
>
> Boot from rescue CD, fix?

Correct, but that wasn't really what I was getting at. The point I was
attempting to make was that there's no "roll back to previous kernel"
option. It's straight from the "Oh shit" reaction to the "where's my
recovery cd". I always prefer keeping one previous known good kernel.
Either way, telecoms have special needs and if it's tightly controlled
it hopefully won't be an issue.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775