[Yum] How to create a proper base URL.

Daniel Nguyen DANIEL.NGUYEN at ORACLE.COM
Wed Mar 15 18:15:43 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I apologize for how green this question may seem; but, I have the following question:

In the past, I was able to edit the yum.conf and provide it with a baseurlof the following fashion: http://tintin.us.oracle.com/rhel-3as-i386-u4-rpm and the command: yum update would populate automatically. As this no longer exists, there is a YUM *dump* of all the RPM's in its place, similar to the following:

# autogenerated yum.conf
# dumping rhel-3-u5-i386-as-disc1.iso
http://kernel.us.oracle.com/isofs//RedHat/RHEL3/x86/U5/rhel-3-u5-i386-as-disc1.iso/REDHAT/BASE/comps.rpm
http://kernel.us.oracle.com/isofs//RedHat/RHEL3/x86/U5/rhel-3-u5-i386-as-disc1.iso/REDHAT/RPMS/amanda_s.rpm
http://kernel.us.oracle.com/isofs//RedHat/RHEL3/x86/U5/rhel-3-u5-i386-as-disc1.iso/REDHAT/RPMS/anaconda.rpm
http://kernel.us.oracle.com/isofs//RedHat/RHEL3/x86/U5/rhel-3-u5-i386-as-disc1.iso/REDHAT/RPMS/arptable.rpm

How should I modify the yum.conf file to relect these URL's correctly so the update can proceed?

Many Thanks,

Daniel Nguyen