[Yum] Yum conflicts with python-urlgrabber

Pablo L. Arturi parturi at bairesweb.com
Sat Mar 4 18:48:55 UTC 2006

Hello people. I have installed a package that requires python-urlgrabber, the package is (vzyum from OpenVZ), and now I want to install yum, but I always get this error:

file /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/urlgrabber/progress.pyc from install of yum-2.2.2-0.fc3 conflicts with file from package python-urlgrabber-2.9.7-1.1.fc3.rf

this error apears for lot of pyc files. I tried installing yum from source, different rpm packaged versions, and I can't find a solution. I have readed in a forum that there is some conflicts with yum from fedora (I am running FC3) because of the naming, and yum complaints for ownership. Don't know if this is the case, I don't really understand why this happens.

Any idea? shortcut? how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo