[Yum] Yum failing FC3 and FC4

Larry.D.Boehm at VerizonWireless.com Larry.D.Boehm at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Mar 2 17:54:35 UTC 2006

That didn't change it.
I did some more rpm upgrades...now I'm at this..

 yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_random.so: undefined symbol:
_PyArg_NoKeywords

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)
[GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq