[Yum] bug/how-to-recover query

Ellis Cohen ellis_cohen at pobox.com
Sun Jun 11 07:54:35 UTC 2006

I was running "yum update" on my Fedora Core 4 box
and, for reasons having nothing to do with yum,
the process was aborted as it was running something
like the 70th of perhaps 150 transactions triggered
by the update.

As a result, my impression is that my box is only
"partly" updated for a number of packages.

But when I re-run yum, it doesn't do anything (and
apparently believes that the prematurely-terminated
update proceeded to normal completion).

My question is:  is there anything I can do to
make sure that my box is properly and completely
updated?  I've looked at the yum manpage but don't
see the answer to this query.

Thanks for any assistance!

Ellis Cohen