[Yum] YUM repository priority

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 14 12:45:33 UTC 2006

yr at magic.kiev.ua wrote:
> Gentelmen!!!
>
> ... can I set my local repository to be
> on use FIRST and all external repositoryes SECOND or not, and how?
>   Maybe yum.conf need OTHER syntax than syntax of files on etc/yum.repos.d ?
Here is my fedora-updates.repo:
[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
baseurl=ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
ie: 3 favoured (local) mirrors.
# man yum.conf
/ {find} priority

It works for me. Also, if you disable the mirrorlist, you ensure that
the servers in that list can't be used. createrepo has been mentioned as
the way to make a a local copy of the repo.

DaveT.