[Yum] Can't get Yum back in working state

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:47:35 UTC 2006

>  Yum used to work just fine, and then it stopped: I think it was after I
> added a new repository and allowed it to update itself. Since then, I've
> tried rebuilding from the src RPM but without success.
>
>  My system is using RHEL 4.

This begs the question then "What repository did you add?"

The easy way to fix yum (hopefully) is to remove the busted one and
install the yum packages from centos4.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be