[Yum] yum command confussion?

Tim Lauridsen tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Fri Jan 13 10:25:00 UTC 2006

Morgan Read wrote:

>Hi
>Any pointers on where I'm going wrong with this command:
># yum -c /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-netdev.repo list available
>?
>
>/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-netdev.repo attached.
>
>Yum reports that fedora-netdev is listed more than once in config?
>
>Yum then reports fedora-netdev AND all of livna repo???  Must be something
>I've missed?
>
>Snipped output below.
>
>Regards,
>Morgan.

That are you trying to do ??
the -c option tells yum to use

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-netdev.repo insted of /etc/yum.conf

You have installed a repo file for the fedora-netdev repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/, so it will be deteced by yum.

I think you should try this one.

yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=fedora-netdev list available

It will show you the availible packages from the fedora-netdev repository

Tim