[Yum] howto revert all packages from an auxiliary repo

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 14:25:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 14:55 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> what is the best procedure to revert (downgrade) all packages of a
> specific repo, e.g. if distri comes with KDE 3.4.0, and KDE 3.5.1 is
> available from an auxiliary repo. Upgrading is as easy as enabling this
> repo and running "yum update", you all know. Now considering, that
> there are some unacceptable bugs, I wanted to revert to the base
> packages.
>
> Manually running "rpm --oldpackage" with all previously updated packages
> and their dependencies is a tedious task (given, they're scattered over
> several repos..). Anything yum can offer to ease that unfortunate
> exercise?

If it is just kde related stuff in there (no replacements of more
exciting things), I'd do something like
	yum erase 'kde*'

check around that there are no other packages from that repo hanging
around, disable the repo in yum, and then
	yum install (small list of top level kde apps you want)

or I guess
	yum groupinstall KDE

may work...

	Nigel.