[Yum] Yum and python-sqlite-2.1.3

Chowdhury, Chandan Dutta chandan-dutta.chowdhury at hp.com
Tue Feb 14 11:58:30 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I have been using yum for some time now, and have one question regarding
the versions of yum rpm available on the net.

I see most of the OS distributors provide yum and dependencies as this

(Fedora)

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPM
S/sqlite-3.3.3-1.2.src.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPM
S/python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.src.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPM
S/yum-2.5.1-5.src.rpm

(CentOS)
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/sqlite-3.2.2-1.src.rpm
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/python-sqlite-1.1.6-1.src.rpm
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/yum-2.4.0-1.centos4.src.rpm

In this set python-sqlite is from the older 1.1 line while the new line
is 2.1. Is there any specific reason why we should stay with the older
1.1 version of sqlite (API changes or so.) ?

I would like to use the latest python-sqlite-2.1.3 version and not sure
if all will work fine. I built yum with this (2.1.3) version of python
sqlite on ia32 and things seems to work  is there a way to run full
tests with yum

Regards
Chandan Dutta Chowdhury