[Yum] Yum fails using yum check-update

Max Hugen max at hugen.com.au
Fri Feb 10 13:31:48 UTC 2006

Hi all

I've just installed the yum-1.0.3 rpm on my RedHat 7.2 i686 server, as per instructions at http://linux.lsu.edu/yum.php. All appeared to go well. I'm using the default yum.conf file supplied for this release of yum.

When I ran "yum check-updates", the following error resulted:

Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 7.2 base
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 44, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "yummain.py", line 144, in main
  File "clientStuff.py", line 688, in get_package_info_from_servers
  File "clientStuff.py", line 128, in HeaderInfoNevralLoad
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please?

MTIA,
Max Hugen
Australia