[Yum] Segfault

swordsaintzero swordsaintzero at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:16:09 UTC 2006

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 00:56:33 -0600
>From: swordsaintzero <swordsaintzero at gmail.com>
>Subject: [Yum] Sefault
>To: yum at lists.dulug.duke.edu
>
>I have recently inherited a cent-os machine with a non functioning yum
>after the abrubt departure of my new employers previous admin. I have a
>few ideas but thought I would post the symptoms without muddying the
>water with my suppositions.
>
>If I start python from the command line and do an import on any module I
>can think of (os, sys, math) it works fine. If I try "import yum" python
>segfaults instantly. If I start yum from the command line directly, of
>course it segafaults straight away.
>
> Does anyone have any further testing I can do, some method to turn on
>debug mode if you will?
>If anyone wants the output of strace -o, or has any ideas at all please
>feel free to speak up.
>
>My most sincere thanks in advance,
>
>-James
>

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 2
>Date: Sat,  4 Feb 2006 08:05:57 +0100
>From: Michael Lang <Michael.Lang at jackal-net.at>
>Subject: Re: [Yum] Sefault
>To: yum at lists.dulug.duke.edu
>

>Hi
>
>as yum uses rpmlib heavly it sounds like your package and library doesnt match
>up can you do a rpm -q for the packages ?
>
>rpm-python-4.3.3-11_nonptl
>yum-2.4.0-1.centos4
>rpm-4.3.3-11_nonptl
>
>Centos4.2 Release Versions working
>Greetz mIke

What I currently have installed:

rpm-python 4.2.3-21
rpm-4.2.3-21_nonptl
yum-2.0.8-1.centos.7

Interestingly enough the centos 3.4 repository has rpm-python version
-24 and rpm version -24 listed in the http repository of the mirror im
looking at. Would that small of a version difference cause a segfault?