[Yum] Sefault

swordsaintzero swordsaintzero at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 06:56:33 UTC 2006

I have recently inherited a cent-os machine with a non functioning yum
after the abrubt departure of my new employers previous admin. I have a
few ideas but thought I would post the symptoms without muddying the
water with my suppositions.

If I start python from the command line and do an import on any module I
can think of (os, sys, math) it works fine. If I try "import yum" python
segfaults instantly. If I start yum from the command line directly, of
course it segafaults straight away.

 Does anyone have any further testing I can do, some method to turn on
debug mode if you will?
If anyone wants the output of strace -o, or has any ideas at all please
feel free to speak up.

My most sincere thanks in advance,

-James