[Yum] ordering

Mark Alford alford at wuphys.wustl.edu
Mon Dec 25 02:26:55 UTC 2006

Basic question, probably asked many times before.

How can I control the order in which yum checks its repositories?
I looked in the FAQ, and it says the ordering is defined in yum.conf,
but that seems out of date, since repositories are now specified
by individual files in yum.repos.d

The reason I want to do that is that I need the livna repository
for a couple of utilities like pine, but I have had problems with
other packages from livna, like ffmpeg, kino, mplayer etc.
I would like to put livna "last in line" so that if packages are
available from freshrpms then I get them from there instead.