[Yum] How to use yum to get a newer version of kdevelop in RedHat9?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Wed Dec 20 19:45:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 00:59 +0800, wei wei wrote:
> Hi guys:
> I'm using the RedHat9.

I recommend you upgrade to a recent Fedora Core release.  Red Hat 9 is
old and not maintained.  This means there are most likely a ton of
security holes on your system.

If you update to Fedora Core 5 or 6, I'd recommend surfing to
http://kde-redhat.sf.net.  They provide stable KDE updates for various
Fedora Core and RHEL releases.

I haven't used them lately, but I used them back in the Red Hat 7.3 days
to update KDE to something more recent.  Their packages worked like a
charm.

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       IT Infrastructure                  . | | | . | | | .