[Yum] How to use yum to get a newer version of kdevelop in RedHat9?

wei wei w_lufei2000 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Dec 20 16:59:24 UTC 2006

Hi guys:
  I'm using the RedHat9. But the existing kdevelop is version 2.1. It is too old, and I already uninstalled it. I want to update it to 3.2 or 3.3.In order to do that I have downloaded and installed yum 2.0.4 for my RedHat9. My Qt is 3.1 and KDE also is 3.1
  My questions are below:
  1.Can I just use the default repository? Or should I add some repositories to the yum.conf?If it is necessary, how to add these repository?
  2.How to use yum to update or install newer version kdevelop? What should I type in the command line to use yum properly?By the way, I tried "yum install kdevelop", but it seems to update the whole system. So I stopped it and confused.
  3.If I properly and successfully use yum to get the newer version kdevelop, can it solve all the dependencies?(As we know kdevelop is a part of KDE, and KDE is built by Qt.)

  Thanks a lot.Any reply will be great.
                                                                                                    luffy