[Yum] Trouble after upgdarding FC3 to FC6

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 11 14:05:30 UTC 2006

Stargazer wrote:
 > David Timms wrote:
 >> From memory there is a circular loop once you get down to glibc.
 >> That said freshen might work {only updates already installed
 >> packages}: using rescue still:
 >> # rpm -Fvh ne* gli* rpm* sql*

Umm: since rpm is not yet fixed, you still need to do the:

# rpm --root /mnt/sysimage ... whatever command you are trying!

It won't matter what order the parameters are in although probably any
packages should be last on the command line.

 > warning: neon-0.25.5-5.1.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA Signature: NOKEY, key
 > ID 4f2a6fd2
 > Then the prompt. Did this work?
To check:
# rpm ... -q neon

To verify: {should be no output unless mod it to -Vv)
# rpm ... -V neon

The message suggests that the pgp security key has not yet been
installed. I would have thought that this would be one of the first that
got upgraded, and I forgot to get you to list it.

# rpm -Uvh ... fedora-release*
If still "not happy Jan", then

# rpm -Uvh --nosignature ... fedora-release*
and then try the last thing again {still need the --root /mnt/sysimage
until rpm can work by itself ;-)

If still wont install neon, might need to:
# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras

 > Anyway I then tried the earlier command
 > rpm -Uvh neon* sqlite* rpm-libs* rpm-4*
 > and got the same errors as before :-(
 >
 >> It's probably better to add more required packages rather than less.
 >> {I have managed this sort of problem before, but it does take some
 >> persistence}. Are using a DVD.iso ?
 >>
 > I burnt the DVD from the Fed site a few days ago, and am booting
 > rescue from it.
Good, then you will at least have all packages available.

ps: Perhaps the upgrade ran out of space ? Also, if there is a lot of
third-party repository packages installed, you might get snookered
because matching updates for these are not installable while attempting
to upgrade the old stuff.

DaveT.