[Yum] Bleeding edge avoidence

Adam Lelean (bean) alelean at papermule.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 08:26:00 UTC 2006

> Testing isn't so much the issue as reproducing the installation
> of the same set of packages you tested.  In my opinion, a
> program intended to help with package management should permit
> that easily even if someone adds some new files to the
> repository after you start testing.  It's not quite impossible
> with yum, but its not something I'd call handy.
On the test machine leave the packages in the cache. Then use a
separate script to extract all packages from the cache and put
them in a new repository. Have the critical machine only pick up
packages from your local repository.  Someone on this list posted
a script which can be used to keep your local repository trimmed
to only the latest versions (repomanage.py). With this setup it
becomes a trivial task to delay files going into your repository
for a few days.

Adam Lelean