[Yum] Fixing broken yum install on RHEL 4

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 07:58:00 UTC 2006

The correct solution is to put python back to python-2.3.4-14.2.  Its not
just yum that you may have broken.  Red Hat uses python everywhere and you
may have broken some of their tools as well.   The yum module you can't
import is located at /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum and python 2.4 is
going to look for it in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum.  When you
upgrade python every package that puts its modules in site-packages will
need to be rebuilt as well.