[Yum] dag repo problems

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Aug 2 03:02:10 UTC 2006

Jim Perrin wrote:
>> Does anyone know the truth?
>
> I bet dag, and the rest of the people on the rpmforge mailing list do.
> You might start by asking the people responsible for the repo you're
> having trouble with.

Tried that several times, but the answer is always "it must be your DNS".

> Note that dag also has several mirrors that you
> can use.

They're in the dag.repo file already.

The oddity is that the hostnames all resolve perfectly happily if I
look them up manually with nslookup. It is really was a DNS problem
I would expect them to be returning null. Unless it's something like
an overenthusiatic timeout in the yum code or something?

///Peter