[Yum] yum v2.4.1 problem

Alexander J. Marsh ajmarsh at umich.edu
Thu Apr 27 15:19:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am having a strange problem with yum on one of my fedora core 4 boxes.
  When I try to update my box with yum I encounter the following error.

# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released

The first thing I checked was the network settings on the box.  All is
well there for example the command "host download.fedora.redhat.com"
works just fine.  There are 20 other identically configured FC4 boxes on
this same network and they can all update via yum currently.

I have been over the config files with a fine tooth comb but yum.conf
and my various yum.repos files are identical to those of working boxes.
They are also unmodified standard FC4 yum config files.

I tried "yum clean all" but that didn't help either.

I'm pretty stumped here.  Thanks in advance for any light you can shed
on this subject.

   ++alex

Alexander J. Marsh | desk 763.0246  cell 368.3839
Unix  Systems  Administrator  LIT  Core  Services