[Yum] yum behind firewall,how to setup proxy?

Hou Xiang ZHU hou-xiang.zhu at st.com
Thu Apr 27 01:53:42 UTC 2006

Hi,
I downloaded "ntlmaps-0.9.9.0.1.tar.gz" and tried it. I am not very sure
how to modify server.cfg, and and entered ./main.py, it is like this:

> [zhuhx at localhost ntlmaps-0.9.9.0.1]$ ./main.py
> NTLM authorization Proxy Server v0.9.9.0.1
> Copyright (C) 2001-2004 by Dmitry Rozmanov and others.
> Now listening at localhost.localdomain on port 5865
Then when I enter "http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/5/i386/" in my firefox
browser address and try to download livna-release-5-4.noarch.rpm,
firefox prompt a corporate warning, apprarently this site is one of many
it has intentionally blocked.

Also, how suppose ntlmaps can help yum to update?

so looks like it is very difficult for yum to set proxy against these
very strict multinational company firewall and internet usage.

Should I try more? I now freshly installed FC5 and try to manually
download and install all the multimedia plug-ins. It is a pity that
can't use yum to update my system. I can use yum at home easily and I
like FC5.

thanks,
Houxiang

seth vidal 写道: