[Yum] Spawning a temporary Yum Server: Header issues

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 26 19:05:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 02:57:20PM -0400, Jesse Noller wrote:
> On 4/26/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Does the python http server support http byte ranges?
> >
> > I thought python's built in server was only http 1.0 compatible.
> >
> > -sv
> >

> You can force it to 1.1, but I was not aware that yum required byte
> ranges, I'll try forcing the 1.1 protocol and try it again.

I just read through SimpleHTTPServer.py and BaseHTTPServer.py and
(after a cursory look) do not see where it does byte ranges.  I don't
think it does.  "Forcing the 1.1 protocol" simply turns on keepalive,
I think.  You'll probably need to hack in byte ranges, although that
would really not be hard and would probably be a welcome addition
upstream.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G