[Yum] What's wrong with my yum ??

David davidw at siranet.com
Tue Apr 18 00:58:36 UTC 2006

Give up on Yum and try Up2date or RPM.

  _____

From: yum-bounces at lists.dulug.duke.edu
[mailto:yum-bounces at lists.dulug.duke.edu] On Behalf Of tony vong
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 9:35 PM
To: Yellowdog Updater, Modified
Subject: Re: [Yum] What's wrong with my yum ??

David Timms <dtimms at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 12:58 -0700, tony vong wrote:
>> What does it say "No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion" ?
>>
>> [root at smp4 netscreen1]# uname -r
>> 2.6.9-1.667smp
>> [root at smp4 netscreen1]# yum clean
>> Error: clean requires an option: headers, packages, cache, metadata,
>> all
>> [root at smp4 netscreen1]# yum update
>> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
>> [root at smp4 netscreen1]#

No it does not make sense. I have two systems with FC3 installed. But the
yum update runs fine on another system -- there are a lot of updates. But
not on this system.

  _____

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/ev
t=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com> rates starting at 1¢/min.