[Yum] '--queryformat' option for yum 'groupinfo' and other yum commands ??

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Apr 7 06:55:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:
>> On 4/5/06, Robinson Tiemuqinke
>> <hahaha_30k at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  Newbie questions: Any one know if there is an yum
>>> option similar to '--queryformat' for rpm? I ask
>> this
>>> because on x86_64 platform it is too difficult to
>>> figure out whether a rpm reported by yum is x86_64
>> or
>>> i[3456]86.
>>
>> create a ~/.rpmmacros file with the contents:
>> %_query_all_fmt
>> %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}
>
> Thanks, that way works much better than specify --qf
> (--queryformat) options to yum & rpm. Since the --qf
> format for yum and rpm are different. The first one's
> query format should NOT end with "\n", while the
> latter definite need it.
>
> Does the difference disappears in FC5? I'll install
> FC5 shortly and just can not wait to know it.

The difference is not going to magically disappear in FC5, although it
could be done in some future repoquery version. I've been hesitant about
changing it to require those \n's because 99% of the time you actually
*want* the damn newline there.

But back to the question at hand - both yum and repoquery list the
architecture by default unlike rpm, wasn't that what you wanted in the
first place?

 	- Panu -