[Yum] How to show my own defined yum groups?? -- Re: Any way to recursive show packages ??

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 06:52:33 UTC 2006

Panu and all,

 Thanks a lot for reply. I've see a lot of helpful
geniuses here...

 My new question is: how to show the packages defined
in my own custom groups with a format similar to FC4
distro's comps.xml file?

'yum groupinstall <my_own_group>' works perfectly,
while 'yum groupinfo' shows only enclosed group names,
not packages in the enclosed groups.

 I've tried to run 'repoquery -l -g <my_own_group>',
but this time even worse: it reports no output at all.
although 'repoquery -l -g core' and 'repoquery -l -g
base' reports all packages inside.

 Any ideas of why this happened? I'm running FC4,
yum-2.4.1-1.fc4.noarch, yum-utils-0.3.1-1.fc4.noarch
and python-2.4.1-2.x86_64.

 my repo definition file is put under
/etc/yum.repos.d/ and attached with this email, The
hand-crafted comps.xml for our own packages
installation is also attached. B/c it is FC4 I'm using
<groupreq> instead tag of <groupid>.

The following are the running results:

[root at testnode01 tmp]# yum groupinfo 'Example Custom
Install'
Setting up Group Process
Setting up repositories

Group: Example Custom Install
 Required Groups:
   Example Monitor Utilites
   Example Original MySQL
   Example Server
   Example Log Processing Utilities
   Example Crawl
   Example Admin Utilities
   Example Web Development
   Example Web
[root at testnode01 tmp]# repoquery -l -g 'Example Custom
Install'
[root at testnode01 tmp]#
[root at testnode01 tmp]# repoquery -l -g 'Mail Server'
[root at testnode01 tmp]#

Oh, it seems that the argument to -g option should
ONLY be a single word?

Please have a look and see whether there are some
errors in my configuration files.

Thanks.