[Yum] '--queryformat' option for yum 'groupinfo' and other yum commands ??

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 05:51:36 UTC 2006

--- Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/5/06, Robinson Tiemuqinke
> <hahaha_30k at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  Newbie questions: Any one know if there is an yum
> > option similar to '--queryformat' for rpm? I ask
> this
> > because on x86_64 platform it is too difficult to
> > figure out whether a rpm reported by yum is x86_64
> or
> > i[3456]86.
>
> create a ~/.rpmmacros file with the contents:
> %_query_all_fmt
> %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}

Thanks, that way works much better than specify --qf
(--queryformat) options to yum & rpm. Since the --qf
format for yum and rpm are different. The first one's
query format should NOT end with "\n", while the
latter definite need it.

Does the difference disappears in FC5? I'll install
FC5 shortly and just can not wait to know it.