Any way to recursive show packages ?? -- Re: [Yum] repoquery reports problem: 'module' object has no attribute 'yumconf'

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Apr 6 07:29:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:

> Panu,
>
> Thanks. you are right, I mis-installed the newer yum
> version, now I downgraded it to yum upgrade in FC4 and
> repoquery works.
>
> But if there are any ways to let yum or repoquery to
> show packages in enclosed groups? That will be very
> helpful since I can compare packages one by one
> exactly across a bunches of machines: total number of
> rpms, name, version, release, arch. etc.

You mean like 'repoquery -l -g core' and have the queryformat work on that
so it prints info about the actual packages, not just the names? Hmm, not
possible at the moment, however there's no reason why it couldn't do
that, just needs a bit of refactoring of the code to make it possible.

In the meanwhile you *can* get the information with "nested" queries, eg
repoquery --qf="%{name}-%{version}" `repoquery -l -g core`

 	- Panu -