[Yum] Obsoletes within the same transaction set

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Thu Sep 29 01:39:39 UTC 2005

Hi:

Is obsoletes processing being run with a groupinstall?  I have the
following for a mock chroot: /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum
--installroot /var/lib/mock/centos-4-i386/root
-c /var/lib/mock/centos-4-i386/root/builddir/mock.conf groupinstall
build --obsoletes

However, if I have--in the same transaction--python = 2.4.1 and python24
trying to obsolete it, rpm does not process this.  So, does that mean
groupinstall only executes with "-i" and not "-U"?

--
-jeff