[Yum] Question about group parameters

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Sep 22 18:46:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 10:42 -0700, Peter C. Norton wrote:
> The group/comps xml format has tags like "uservisible" and "default"
> that seem to get somewhat honored (yum grouplist doesn't seem to list
> groups that have uservisible set to false). However, do these still
> get updated, is there a way to list these?
>
> I guess what I'm looking for is an answer to "what behaviour gets
> adopted based on which tag in the group xml format"?

Hidden groups behave just the same as non-hidden, except that they don't
get displayed in the default output. To list all known groups,
uservisible or not, you can use 'yum grouplist hidden'

AFAIK there is currently no way to tell yum to install optional packages
from groups, other than by looking then up with yum groupinfo <group> or
repoquery and installing those. Eg
yum install `repoquery --grouppkgs=optional --group -l base`
..to install optional packages from group 'base'

	- Panu -