[Yum] ANN: yum 2.4.0 on 4 distros via pyvault

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Tue Sep 20 01:06:19 UTC 2005

Hi all:

A few days ago, I completed the main foundation of pyvault by bringing
yum 2.4.0 running under python 2.4.1 under 4 different distros:
centos-3-i386, centos-4-i386, fedora-3-i386, fedora-4-i386 (this was a
given, of course).

If you have one of these and you're interested in being involved in this
effort, please visit:

http://python.org/pyvault

Currently lack a bootstrap script for centos-3-i386.  I'm working on
that right now.  If you have questions how to get that up and running,
let me know on the pyvault user mailing list.  Other distros are easy
to setup using the config rpm.

Hopefully, if more users use this setup, you'll see less of "No module
named foo" errors on this mailing list.

take care,
--
-jeff