[Yum] Cannot rum yum

Menno Smits menno-yum at freshfoo.com
Sun Sep 18 22:02:47 UTC 2005

Erik Saline wrote:
> Running Fedor Core 4 with the latest kernel.  Every command I try and run gives me this error.
> [erik at localhost ~]$ yum list
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 27, in ?
>     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 75, in main
>     base.getOptionsConfig(args)
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 207, in getOptionsConfig
>     self.plugins.setCmdLine(opts, self.cmds)
> AttributeError: DummyYumPlugins instance has no attribute 'setCmdLine'
>
> Im new to linux and yum.  Does anybody have a list of some good repositories.

This error has nothing to do with your repository configuration.

It looks like you have a mis-matching yum components. You have perhaps
mixed up files from multiple yum versions on your machine. This is
difficult to do it you're using the offical yum rpms but possible if you
installed it somehow else.

Some questions:

How did you install Yum? (from source, from a RPM? where from?)
What does "yum --version" show?
What does "rpm -q yum" show?
What does "rpm -qa 'python*' " show?

Menno