[Yum] Yum-pull V1.45 - create local copies of 17 repositories

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Sun Sep 18 04:03:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-17-09 at 23:49 -0400, William Stearns wrote:
> > Good lord, you wrote it in Bash? You, sir, are rare masochist. :)
>
>  	ROTFL!  I completely agree!
>  	May I please have permission to quote you, with attribution or
> anonymously?
>  	LOL!
>  	Cheers,

Oh, geez, sure, whatever you wish.

But seriously -- you would have been far more effective if you wrote it
in Python, using the Yum API. Being able to selectively download and
locally mirror the packages you care about (with all dependencies) is an
oft-requested feature. It's on my long list of things to do, right after
I familiarize myself with the API (via a small Repoview rewrite, most
likely).

Regards,
--icon