[Yum] Cannot rum yum

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 00:12:35 UTC 2005

On 9/17/05, Erik Saline <esaline at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Running Fedor Core 4 with the latest kernel.  Every command I try and run gives me this error.
> [erik at localhost ~]$ yum list
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 27, in ?
>     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 75, in main
>     base.getOptionsConfig(args)
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 207, in getOptionsConfig
>     self.plugins.setCmdLine(opts, self.cmds)
> AttributeError: DummyYumPlugins instance has no attribute 'setCmdLine'
>
> Im new to linux and yum.  Does anybody have a list of some good repositories.

Erik,

What version of yum are you using?

yum --version will tell you.

Did you make any changes recently to yum, python, or rpm?  Have you
installed any software "outside" of yum or RPM (i.e. by doing a make &
make install)?

For repositories, see http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq#Q2

The short answer is that we don't know.  But you might find some tips
by looking around on the pages linked from here:

http://www.fedoraproject.org/

Regards,
Greg