[Yum] updating packages with yum

Glen Vickers ldwraith at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 20:25:52 UTC 2005

I am trying to get an antiviral program on my linux box.  When I go to
install it gives me dependency errors.  I do the yum update on any of these
packages and yum tells me that they are installed and up to date.  However
if I do a web search or look for the release that the program is looking for
(in this case clamav) there is newer releases out there.  I have even found
the packages I need at download.redhat.com in their distro ftp site.  So how
can I get yum to update all packages on my box like it's supposed to?  I
have tried 2 different yum.conf files that I have.  Ones from LSU and the
other was with the linux RH3 distro right off the CD.

Glen Vickers

BSIT